A little while back, Nat nominated me for this Liebster award. Nat posts about social anxiety, how she copes with it, and her very relatable (at least for me!) feelings that go along with it. Feeling very touched by the nomination is an understatement, so thank you Nat! It’s quite nice to know that people visit my blog and that some of you like what you read, haha.
Ahhh! As I was going through the blogs I follow to make my list of nominations, I discovered that Emz nominated me (I was going to nominate you too!). She posts super cute and pretty posts on cross-stitch projects she’s working on. Thanks Emz!
The nominations don’t end here as it seems that the goal of this award is to give recognition to, and to allow to discover other bloggers too. 🙂
Rules for Receiving this Award
- Create a post to accept the award! Thank the person who nominated you and link back to his/her blog (it would help if you included a little information about it).
- Display the award on your blog. You can save the image and upload it to your blog post and/or add it as a widget on your blog.
- List 10 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-10 blogs you admire that have less than 200 followers.
- Post your answers to the questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- List these rules in your post.
- Ask your nominees 10 questions after tagging them in the post.
10 Facts About Me
- I love the color purple.
- I’m pretty bad with words. I wish I spent much less time trying to figure out the “right” way to express what I want to say.
- I think corgis, bunnies, and penguins are the cutest things ever; corgis are like potatoes with legs, bunnies have those irresistible little nose wiggles, and penguins look like they’re wearing tuxes and are often quite chubby.
- I had a super big K-pop obsessive phase from 2007ish to 2013.
- I have eczema. I even have another blog about it! I had a pretty big flareup in 2014 and the hyperpigmentation and scars it left are just now almost completely cleared up.
- For those who are familiar with the MBTI, I’m an INTP.
- I love making lists. Doing things on said lists is very different though 🙂
- I like to use a lot of emojis :D.
- I don’t understand these contradictions (maybe they’re not contradictions?) about myself. I consider myself adventurous and thrill seeking (traveling, trying new foods, roller coasters, tried skydiving, scary movies), yet I’m pretty shy and I enjoy routine.
- Dad jokes still make me laugh. (To be fair, I laugh at the most random shit)
Nat’s Q & A
- What was your childhood dream, and why?
Hm, from what I can remember, I wanted to be a teacher. Thinking now, props to those of you in the profession. I have no idea how I thought that I could be one because I don’t think I could handle a large group of students and keep them behaved, lol.
- What is one thing you cannot live without?
The internet sadly, haha.
- If you had a million dollars, what would you spend it on?
Clothes, a cellphone upgrade, a laptop upgrade. I’d leave a big sum for my father, and probably save the rest. No noble causes I’d spend the rest of it on that I can think of though. 😦
- Name one piece of advice you might give to your younger self.
You’re more than capable of than what you believe.
- What is one skill or lesson you learned this year?
I used to think I often didn’t make empty promises, but work has proved that sooo wrong, lol. Let’s just say nowadays, I add a disclaimer that I’ll try my best, say I can’t promise anything, or say I’ll see a couple of other patients first, when a patient asks me when I’ll be back for their care or to fulfill a request.
- How do you celebrate your own birthday?
I don’t really celebrate. I mainly spend it as another quiet day that I look forward to just with cake :).
- Describe one person you either know, have met or interacted with who has influenced you in a positive way.
As cheesy as it sounds, my boyfriend has helped me become more confident and social. Because he’s more of an extrovert, his social plans “force” me out of my comfort zone. I find it funny that I thought that I needed advice from him to be more confident and for him to monitor my progress in order to improve, but I’ve come to see that my confidence has gone up just from him taking a backseat approach and him being there to always listen (to my neverending venting, lol). I appreciate it so much that he gives me a shoulder to lean on.
- Where is your favorite place to hang out?
Clematis Street which is part of the downtown area near where I live. There’s so much to do in the area and it’s such a warm atmosphere. During select months, there’s a farmer’s market with great food and bottomless mimosas. There are nightclubs (I’m starting to get too old for those late nights D: ), and an awesome selection of restaurants, bars, and coffee shops. As someone who isn’t very social, there’s something about the places on Clematis Street that I can’t describe which makes it feel so welcoming :).
- What color makes you feel calm?
[4/27/17 EDIT (Seems like I missed copy and pasting this question when I originally posted this]:
- Tell me about at least two things (or people) you are grateful to have in your life.
I’m grateful for my health and my life experiences. I’ve had a lot of fond memories and learned a lot of great lessons from said experiences.
Emz’s Q & A
*some repeated questions from above have been removed
- What is your favourite type of music?
This is pretty tough. Probably downtempo/chillstep electronic music.
- Why did you start blogging?
I wanted to write about cross-stitch advice/tips and ask people about theirs as well. It was also a way for me to keep a log and keep myself accountable for the projects and kits I work on, lol.
- If you could be in any TV show or film what would it be and why?
Hm, this is a tough one. Maybe Ouran High School Host Club. There’s a lot of pretty boys and I’d be laughing at the hilarity that would ensue among them.
- Where’s the most exciting place you visited?
Bremen, Germany. It was one of the first times I saw snow up close. It was what I envisioned what a winter wonderland would be like: cobblestones, freezing my ass off, beautiful shops.
- What’s your favourite food?
Lol, what isn’t my favorite? If I could only choose one, it’d be chocolate.
- If you could change places with anyone for the day who would it be and why?
This is a tough one. Does my family dog count? [4/27/17 EDIT (I missed the why part! I swear I might have some form of ADD)]: I’d be curious what it’d be like to live as a dog. Are their minds as excitable as their behaviors seem to show? 😀
I don’t have one really, but one that would cover my living expenses and could fund my hobbies which isn’t different than what I have currently. I don’t think I could do anything I REALLY liked as a job because I might end up hating it.
- Can you speak more than one language?
A little Cantonese, and even less Mandarin.
- Whats the one skill you wish you could master?
How to appear confident even when I don’t know wtf I’m doing.
- What’s your spirit animal?
A koala :). I like to sleep and eat.
10 Questions For My Nominees
1. Do you prefer sweet or savory foods?
2. What can’t you leave your house without?
3. What did you enjoy most about today?
4. Are you an early riser or a night owl?
5. What’s your favorite hobby?
6. What are three foods you can’t go without?
7. What are you looking forward to?
8. What websites do you frequent?
9. Name one of your current goals.
10. What’s your favorite type of cuisine?