Be right back with life updates while I post a belated Q&A from a Mystery Blogger Nomination. Thanks ivyjade234! 🙂
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link their blog,
2. Tell your readers three things about yourself,
3. Nominate people, notify your nominees by commenting on their blogs,
4. Ask your nominees five questions of your choice and share a link or links to your favourite posts.
- What is your favorite thing in the world to do? I’d say my favorite thing to do is to cross-stitch even though it’s such a cliched answer for this blog, haha
- If you could go anywhere in the world right now, right this second where would you go? I’d like to go to Iceland :(. Had to cancel the trip with my boyfriend for mental reasons. I’d like to think that we can go anytime in the future.
- If you could buy anything right now, doesn’t matter how much, what would you buy. Remember only one thing? A new car, maybe a Honda Accord, (I love my boyfriend’s one even though it’d be a waste to get the same car!) or a Nissan Altima
- What do you think or believe is your true passion in life? Can I pick two? Acquiring knowledge and being the best version of myself that I can be!
- When you are 75 or over what do you want to be doing? Will I even live up to that age? If so, hopefully still cross-stitching 😀
Three things about myself:
- I know I’m usually away from this blog and take forever to answer comments, but if anyone reads this, I might have a lot to mention in my next post. I’ve taken a mental leave and feel a little more and more comfortable to delve into my personal life.
- I think I tend to mention my boyfriend a lot in this blog. Even though this isn’t necessarily about me, I tried breaking up (my first time initiating a breakup) with him, but the break was short-lived and for some reason I think the break brought us closer together.
- Speaking of mental health, I think I’m the most happy and comfortable with myself I’ve ever been.
- What is your ideal day?
- What activities do you do to relax?
- Something a little more politically driven, what is one thing you’d tell Donald Trump?
- Do you listen to podcasts? If so, what’s your favorite podcast or what would you recommend that I listen to? 😀
- What is one thing you’d tell your past and/or your future self?
As always, happy stitching! 🙂
flowers and lace
I’m both sad and happy to say that I’ll be starting back up with the “Past, Present, Forever” cross-stitch kit since I just finished reading “The Blinding Knife”. I really enjoyed working on my “Flowers and Lace” kit. A little less than half of the white border is completed along with most of the backstitches for the leaves and the purple flowers.
I accidentally discovered one day while tugging a little too hard on one of the strands that I’m supposed to tug hard on a strand to remove it from the cardboard. No more needing to clip them from the cardboard :).
Although it’s just been a month, I feel like it’s been a long while since I last updated. Haven’t stitched as much as I liked to, some reasons that are on my part: like starting another book in the middle of “The Blinding Knife” and binging on TV shows that require more of my attention (13 Reasons Why, Black Mirror WHICH I’M COMPLETELY OBSESSED WITH, and Westworld), and one that is out of my control: my dad getting surgery to his pituitary gland (He’s safe and sound now ^^) which I’ll probably go into more detail in my following post or two.
I turn 26 today, guys! This is what I got myself and I’m soo tempted to open and start stitching the new pattern, but I have to finish both the Cinderella’s Castle and the flowers patterns before I get to this one :/.
The new pattern’s (I won’t reveal what it is until I start stitching >:D) finished size is about that of the “Flowers and Lace” pattern. The major difference though is that the “Flowers and Lace” has a lot of empty areas without stitches and this new pattern will not, so it’ll probably end up taking a lot more time to complete.
Speaking of Cinderella’s Castle, all the cross-stitches are done :D.
I meant to post a picture of it now, but turns out the pictures I thought I had aren’t on my phone! :(. I’ll edit this post tomorrow morning with the picture.
Between being busy with work and rereading one of my favorite books, I finally finished the blue border! I have LOTS more white cross stitches to do before I get to the back stitches and the rest of the intricate details in white, haha.
Be safe Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, and North Carolina!
I made a lot of progress today on the Flowers and Lace WIP due to work cancellation until Monday from Hurricane Matthew. I’m hoping to get more stitching done, but I’ll be in Tampa for tomorrow and the weekend (here’s to hoping that it’ll be a safe drive!).
I’m planning my next update to be for finishing the flowers in the four corners and part of a blue border.
I was hoping to have more stitching done since I’m done with classes and have more free time, but I’ve been very in-between having that time to go through my to-read list of novels and cross-stitching. That coupled with me liking to stay in most of time, well…let’s just say my boyfriend jokes about me being an old soul, haha.
As promised in my last entry, here’s some greenery added to my Flowers and Lace WIP.
I made an overdue trip to Michaels yesterday to get more floss and a bead storage box for my earrings. I figured I’d go to Michaels when I could get all those items in one trip. This past week, I finally used up all the black floss for the surprise gift (I’m almost done with it!) and the blue green floss for my Past, Present, Forever kit I’m working on. This is the first time I didn’t have enough DMC floss for a kit.
The DMC 501 blue green looks pretty much the same though! 🙂
The flowers are coming along nicely. I expect to finish the leaves in my next update, and maybe whatever flowers (they look like cherry blossoms in the pattern) I miss following that? I started making more loopstarts which have been super convenient for confetti stitches and for when only one strand would suffice for the last stitches of a certain color.
So, Leticia suggested these folders (thanks girl!) from Hobby Lobby around the time I was first reorganizing my cross-stitch projects and they’ve been wonderful. They’re originally for scrapbooking. Definitely find coupons for the store if you plan on getting these folders too!
The folders take up very little room and keep my projects neatly separated and organized.
And I found my “Good Fortune” FO from forever ago! After spending so much time looking for this project and giving up, it popped up when I was reorganizing/decluttering my room.
I’d like to end this post by giving a shout out to Eric, who recently followed me over on my other blog about eczema. He made a pretty awesome post for people to comment with a brief description of their blog and to help bloggers discover other people’s blogs. The post is a cool idea to connect people over WordPress, so kudos Eric!
flowers and lace
past, present, forever
What do I do when I’m supposed to be productive or I’m supposed to continue my WIPs? Why I start a new project of course! 😦 The design I’ll be working on is another from Dimensions and is called “Flowers and Lace”
I stitched up grid lines with some thread from kits my grandmother gave me when visiting from China a while back. The thought behind the gifts and gesture were sweet, but honestly gosh were the kits low quality and lacking. That cardboard of thread was all that was provided for each of the kits pictured above, and I don’t think there’s enough cloth for the design! Might as well use the small amount of thread for something..
So yeah…about that lace, here’s all the floss provided just for that part of the design. I suppose it’ll be fun. I don’t know whether I’ll be excited or I’ll dread it when get I there, haha.
The tweeding phase is done! 🙂 I’m super excited with the progress and I’ve gotten a bit impatient, so I’ll be completing the stitches for Walt Disney and Mickey next.
This arrived today, welp. I ordered ear buds off of Amazon, felt opportunistic and added one of the cross-stitch kits I wanted to the order to get free shipping. 🙂 I won’t be starting the kit any time soon, but it’s definitely something to look forward to.