*linked webpage = completed project. no link = WIP
Progress post: divided up the remaining cross-stitches and half-stitches into four quadrants.
After the progress from April 15th, I still have to fill in the blank spaces I left, haha.
Then I’ll get to the overlay colors with pretty white blending filaments, and finally to the details (back stitches, coaching, and french knots)
Here’s to getting this project/kit to completion!
Thanks @clarity_28 for passing this project along to me!
1st pic on the left: what @clarity_28 stitched
2nd pic on the left: the stitches I added to what @clarity_28 stitched
Had to do one strand of white over some areas to make three strands in total. Used this handy website to convert Bucilla to DMC to dimensions and used floss left over from my previous projects/kits.
Got a lot of progress in this month :). I’ve finally done a lot of stitching that required combining colors and also have gotten better at stitching faster without having to flip the design on its back. Found that the 10×10 grids were a great guide to work with instead of working aimlessly in sections.
Unfortunately I goofed and did cross stitches in green instead of half cross-stitches. I’ll leave them to the end to decide whether I want to redo the stitches or to leave them be.
Can’t believe it’s been nearly two years since my last post! I’m not even really sure what to type in this post, lol. I was a bit unmotivated to cross-stitch til just recently. Won’t be going into details unless enough of you are interested :P.
I’ve only just worked on stitches with combined colors and working on these stitches have helped build momentum to continue working on this project.
It’s also been taking some getting used to adding stitches in between all the stitches that require six strands. Those stitches with the six strands are particularly thick and a bit difficult to work around if I have to fill in the spaces surrounding them.
I’m hoping to start posting somewhat regularly again! It’s certainly been a while.
…and a shameless plug, if anyone’s interested in following me to see what I’ve been up to, my Instagram tag is @michii3838.
Small update: I have finished the background to the Bears project not too long ago. I used the sewing method mainly and I’ve got to say the stitches don’t look that noticeably different than the ones stitched without using method (just if they aren’t looked at too closely, haha).
I did miscount some of the stitches in the ground area with the long rows of different shades of brown. Slight mistake that’s probably unnoticeable, but a mistake nontheless.
Now to the backstitches. I already started today and I’m already dreading them..
I’ve been a bit tied up with renovations at my boyfriend’s new place. There will be a hobby/cross-stitching room for me :). Before he got the place, the room used to look like this:
The place used to be a 3 bedroom and 2 bath, and then the previous owner tore down one of the bedrooms and made an open area to make it a 2 bedroom and 2 bath. My boyfriend put in the recessed lighting and I have yet to get a pic to reflect the painting to the walls that we’ve done. (EDIT: Meant to add that we’ve been taking out the popcorn on the ceiling and the open den was no exception.)
As for the cross-stitching, the blanket took a while to finish up. While I cross-stitch, I like to watch a tv show or listen to music/podcast. I’ve been watching Danny Phantom and listening to Wait Wait…Don’t Tell Me. Do you guys watch or listen to something while cross-stitching like I do? If so, what have you been watching or listening to?
I’ve been taking a small break from the Teddy Bear Gathering project (am I done yet?!) and picked up on the “Burrito” cross-stitch I hadn’t worked on in ages. I’ve completed both the taco and burrito. This portion has a bit of meaning to me because my boyfriend calls me taco while I call him burrito because of this poem.
I like how little stitching I have to do. The burrito was a bit of a toughie since I had to find seven different shades of brown from previous projects I’ve completed or from random bits of floss I had laying around.
Small update here:
This was the progress from a week and a half ago. I’ve been using the sewing method here and there and although the stitching has been faster, the stitches don’t lay as flat against the aida cloth as the regular stitching does.
The difference (between the center and the area a little above it) pictured in the center with the black/green stitches is somewhat noticeable and has convinced me to not use this method (despite how it cuts down on time) in my next cross stitch project.
Here are a few pictures (creds go to my boyfriend) from December 2017. There were six of us who traveled to Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau. I feel like this blog is slowly turning into a travel blog haha.
I guess I didn’t factor in time and rest because I got myself sent to the hospital twice since coming back from the Asia trip. I’ve had to take a medical leave from work and had to take a mental break from things. The hospital provided a lot of resources for me while I’m recovering and I’ve had a lot of time to work and improve on myself. I’m finally going back to work on an as-needed basis thankfully, and will be interviewing at another place early next week. Throughout this whole experience, my mood has improved drastically and am super touched by the support my loved ones have shown me.
As for my cross-stitching progress, got the basket and most of the chair completed. The black half cross-stitches kinda remind me of someone drawing diagonal lines with a Sharpie.
This blog is close to having 100 followers and I think I’ve come up with a small giveaway to celebrate :D. Stay tuned!